Tuesday, October 30, 2012

299/365

HOOP DREAMS
I met Mary Pat tonight for dinner - we became friends at the hospital - she had the radiation appointment after me and we've been meeting up now that we are finished with that part of our treatment.  I texted her yesterday and said we could reschedule if she wanted (because of the storm.)  She said "we beat cancer - a little rain can't stop us."  I told her, come hell or high water, I would see her tonight.  Pun intended. ;-)

Anyway, Mary Pat and I were talking about this and every few days I get an email or a phone call or something in the mail like this....

I was talking to someone a couple weeks ago and she invited me to the Pitt game this past week for a whole breast cancer thing and to go out on the field and be honored as a "survivor" at the game.  I declined.  I felt a little stupid, actually. I mean, what did I really survive - the diagnosis?  The tests? The surgeries? The radiation? I haven't even started the next step - which I'm actually questioning if, in fact,  it will kill me?!?  I'm just not really sure when the "survivor" status actually kicks in. I mean I get it... I guess I'm just not ready to take on that title yet.

I haven't really been feeling well and my arm has been bothering me pretty bad... I'm a little worried about it again.  I was trying to figure out what I could do to make it better. Nothing I do seems to help - including those BC exercises. I let the dog out the other day and I figured it out.  I looked up on a shelf and saw all my and my mother's hula hoops... She was a hooper from way back!  I saw a video awhile ago and it stuck with me.  I totally want to be this girl when I grow up...  You can watch the video by clicking here.  I'm still going to shave under my arms though! ;-)

No comments: