Monday, April 15, 2013

105/365

DEATH AND TAXES
I didn't even know about the marathon bombing until The Dad came home... I was consumed in last minute tax stuff which proved more difficult than I thought (thanks to a certain someone who shall remain nameless.)  I turned on the television and finally got a visual of what was going on... I can't say I was shocked... I'm always slightly concerned when it comes to important days or high profile events... I always hated flying anywhere on a holiday for fear and anticipation of what the headlines would read if the plane went down. There's no denying that this was a horrible day for so many when it should have been one of the most joyful marking a great accomplishment for themselves or their friends and family. What I loved about the footage was seeing all the people (some just ordinary people) that were running towards the ones that were hurt and the fences being torn down to get to them... not knowing if a third, fourth, fifth... bomb would go off at any moment. I know there were reports of runners that kept running to get to the hospital to give blood... people taking off their belts to use as tourniquets... And those flags... was anyone else taken by those flags all blowing in the wind? This isn't a new method of evil to some and, I'll be honest, I'm afraid there will be more events like this everywhere. What would you do if you were in the middle of this chaos?  Would you run away from it or towards it?

No comments: