Wednesday, April 24, 2013

114/365

NONE IN THE OVEN
It's National Infertility Awareness Week... though for me (and so many others) it's an everyday event - not just a week of awareness...

These pills are still making me sick and I was throwing up all night last night. Lily and I were back and forth from the bed to the living room... finally, around 4 am, I carried her back into bed and it kind of struck me that this is as good as it's going to get... there isn't going to be a baby or a crib and honestly, at this point, I can't see an adoption happening any time soon.

I can't say I'm at peace with that yet... I know it is something that I will carry with me, in one way or another, until the day I die.

I still think about the lunches I'll never make and the PTA meetings I'll never go to... the birthday treats I'll never package up and never hearing my own kid call me mom.

I'm in a bit of a rush so here's a link to a post from a few years ago with one of my favorite poems regarding the situation and some photos of the women in my life. My thoughts are the same today as they were then so I'm not going to recreate the wheel on this topic.

Visit Resolve - the National Infertility Association for more information on infertility.

No comments: