Tuesday, August 23, 2011

244/365

I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET...

Not really. ;-(

I was at the cemetery this afternoon... my mother died 17 years ago today. I stopped at Dairy Queen after.
I was in the parking lot on my phone on Facebook (eating my hot fudge sundae) when I saw a post from The Morning Call newspaper in Allentown saying there was an earthquake... then they all started coming in - a girlfriend from DC... some people here in town... Right before that a completely primered 1980 something car pulled up right next to me... there was some muscle dude in it and he gave me a little smile and a nod and was just sitting there checking his phone. He was unintentionally blocking me from backing out so I was a little concerned about that and what he was actually up to. Anyway, the bass was so loud on his stereo I wouldn't have felt anything but that anyway!

What's funny is as I was placing flowers on my mother's grave I asked her a question and told her to give me a sign. I don't know if that was her response or not but nice job, Joge, if it was! You know I love a good disaster. ;-)

I have a lot to say about this day but I don't want to right now - I'm just starting to feel a little better and need to get some things done for an appointment tomorrow. I feel like if I act on my thoughts now it just may put me over the edge so I guess this earthquake will take precedence today. I think my mother will understand.

No disrespect to anyone that had any damage from this freaky quake but I have to say I laughed when I saw this...
caption read: An earthquake that measured 5.8 on the Richter scale devastated the Eastern Seaboard this afternoon, toppling lawn chairs and causing loose change to jingle on hard surfaces. Residents are hoping to be able to rebuild as soon as possible.

I think it's safe to say with the earthquake in Colorado last night and the one in Virginia today (I just heard there was one in Youngstown earlier today too) and the Hurricane fast approaching... Mother Earth is a little cranky.

You and me both, Mother Earth. I completely understand.

No comments: