Sunday, August 28, 2011

249/365

DAMN YOU, HOMEGOODS!
We've been talking about this for months. We never made it there when Lizzie moved in and we HAD to get there this trip. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! This was the first HomeGoods we've been to. It didn't disappoint. We love you, Bethlehem.

Look at this turquoise table! Thank goodness we didn't have room in the cars.
They had two whole aisles of pet stuff... and three whole aisles of Seasonal/Halloween stuff...
It was just a little too much to take in. Damn you, HomeGoods for being so fabulous! Lizzie said someone that works on the paper goes there every other day. I fear that I would be doing the same thing if I lived closer to one. I tried (my hardest) to limit my purchases. I did my usual and put everything that got my attention into the cart - to re-think as I go aisle by aisle (and to stop anyone else from grabbing it!) I tried to stick to my general $12.99 home accessory rule. If it's really fabulous and "me" and $12.99 or under - how can you not get it? Think about it and return it later if you want. Any more I have to come up with a really good reason to buy it. It's a good rule until you have 20 $12.99 things in your cart! I did put a lot back. I was proud of myself. I ended up with these really cute metal and wooden bugs, a pretty little halloween skeleton...
... a cute wooden flower bench and a work lunch bag...
Come on... the bugs and the skeleton and the flower (which is way cuter in real life) - so totally ME... the bag - I don't know... I just need to find the work. I'm planning ahead. ;-)

We didn't even make it to the Marshall's part of it - clothes, purses, shoes, etc! What was funny is when we got to Lizzie's she had this cute little dress on that she got from there. We probably could have spent hours there but we were starving and a little cranky.

Just for the record... you don't want to mess with us when we're hungry. ;-)

I want to mention this now since the hurricane has fizzled out to a tropical storm... and maybe I just like all this coverage a little too much because disasters are my thing - I just wish everyone would lay off the whole everyone made a bigger deal out of this thing than they needed to. It only takes one car flooded or roof torn off or tree falling down and killing a person to make it important to someone. If you don't like watching the coverage - turn it off. With that said - this was kind of funny. ;-)

No comments: