Monday, June 11, 2012

163/365

BIBLIOPHILE or BOOK HOARDER?
I'm not sure which one I am... I mean I do love books I just don't read them very often.  My attention span is terrible lately... I really can't focus on anything.  I was looking for a particular book yesterday and thought it was in one of the six boxes (full of books) in the game room closet - sharing space with the card reindeer, disco ball and The Dad's army clothes... I struggled to get some stuff off the table so I could move it and actually get to the closet... that was a little hard with one arm... and those boxes way exceeded my five pound limit... stupid on my part.

I never managed to get to the bottom two boxes because the others were so heavy - so I still don't know if I had the book I was looking for. I found a bunch I completely forgot about, though... art and gift books... fertility and adoption books... marriage books and so many others. Some were started - some never opened... It just made me very upset that all my stuff is all over the place... I found a book - the last one that was by my bedside at Dixon House - I opened it and found this photo behind the front cover. ;-(

I pulled a couple books out that I'm sure I'll never get to. I brought them upstairs and added them to the stack of ones I just bought and vowed to not buy another one for awhile... until today when I bought the RENT book at Goodwill... I was almost positive I already had it. This homeless person was talking to me about it and I didn't want her to have it. So now I have two.  I think I may make it into an art journal. Starting tomorrow - no more books. Let's see how long that lasts.

While I'm thinking of books - saw this on Pinterest. Very nice.


No comments: