Saturday, June 12, 2010

163 (2)/365

LIKE A VIRGIN (Philadelphia Trip -Part 2)

On thursday I had a "Soldering for Virgins" class with Sally Jean Alexander. I had to drive into Philadelphia (19 miles) in the morning for the workshop. It started off as an easy commute but quickly turned into a standstill.


I made it with time to spare and met Sally Jean and got ready to work.


It was a really good class. We learned so much, especially that FLUX IS OUR FRIEND and sometimes you have to just learn to LOVE & EMBRACE your mess ups unless you want to re-tape and start all over. Here are some of my pieces pre-solder...


And here they are after solder...


I brought my copy of her book with me and Sally signed it.
{2010 Jeannine! You are hereby deflowered! Revel in "no longer being a Virgin!" Thank you for coming to play with me. Now always remember the special things in life... Family ~ Art ~ Twirling! ♥ Sally Jean}


And after a long day at work (or play) - a little jealous of Chrissy because I'm usually the one that gets to stay in the room with a magazine and enjoy my hotel bed (my FAVORITE thing ever I might add) - it was time to head home. I got into more traffic going back...

It wasn't too bad though - I was kind of familiar with the area and knew where I was going (for the most part) so I just went along with it all - you know, loved and embraced it!

I always liked this place right along the water... (and somehow got a little snow globe effect to this picture as I held up the camera in the car to snap whatever I could get!)


Chrissy went to the mall in the afternoon so when I got home we went to Crate and Barrel. Remember when I talked about "living" in a store? I could live here too. In one of these little bins - I don't really care which one. Though I am fond of the ice spoon so maybe next to him. ;-)


Or I could just live here...

we took a bunch of breaks in most of the little vignettes to try to figure out what to do with Aunt Gloria who wasn't answering her phone for over two hours. Just as my Dad was being sent out on a rescue mission - someone finally HEARD her phone ringing and our last break was over.

We had dinner at Maggiano's

and waddled our way back up to our room to call it a night.

...stay tuned for part three tomorrow.

No comments: