Friday, June 4, 2010

156/365

MALOIK
Since I was a baby, I always wore a black ribbon and red ribbon to ward off the EVIL EYE. My Mother and Grandmother would attach it to my diaper. There was ribbon hanging on my crib and later on the bed post... It was all over the house and is all over Dixon House now. If you open a drawer chances are a ribbon is going to pop out. My Grandmother used the black ribbon and the red ribbon was from our Jewish friend, Sharon... I usually attach a ribbon and horn to my clothes every day. I haven't been able to find it in the last couple days - I probably left it pinned to something or washed it. Which is what I did one time and lost my mano cornuta (well I have it - the original baby days one - but it's a little beat up and can't be pinned to anything.) Anyway, I think I better go look for those ribbons.

I can remember my grandmother using the oil and breaking eggs for something else and attaching a cut potato to my head to get rid of a fever. When it turned brown it was gone. The fact that all potatoes turn brown after being cut I'm sure had nothing to do with anything. ;-)

This isn't her (thanks, google images) but I remember this "picture" with the mopine underneath and everything.


I'm feeling kind of yucky - I wonder why? I think I'm going to order a new mano cornuto right now and call my dad to do a little "magic" and go back to bed and snuggle with my puppy.

hmmm - I wonder if a tattoo would do the trick? It would certainly save me from getting poked by that horn every time I sit! ;-)

No comments: