Sunday, June 20, 2010

171/365

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

This is one of my favorite pictures of us... it's in Wildwood - it's documenting the first time I swam by myself all the way over to the 8 1/2 feet mark at the Caprice hotel!

I was at my Dad's house cleaning a little while ago and came across all these little cake decorations - ties, dress shoes, hammers - that came off of old Father's Day cakes. Isn't that funny that's how the day is/was recognized? I was in the grocery store last night and saw some really horrible renditions of tie cakes - I know that cake decorator won't be there for long! I was going to get one as a joke but it was so terrible I couldn't even manage to put it in the cart. For me, though, I should have had little staplers on his cakes... I can remember running to the steps and him coming home and bringing me something like that! Paper, staplers, etc... Maybe I got my love of office supplies from him because of all those little "gifts." ;-)

No comments: