Thursday, June 24, 2010

175/365

DOG DAY AFTERNOON

For the last couple days Lily has looked a little sad. I know, with that FACE, how can I even TELL if she's sad? Something just seems a little off with her. I don't know what her problem is. I wish she could talk sometimes! Maybe it's just her boo-boo on her face and I think her ears are bothering her a little bit. To try to cheer her up I kind of made it a spa day for her. That's so completely normal, right?!? Cheering your dog up with a spa day? That's what I thought. ;-)

We stopped downtown to give The Dad a kiss - well, to drop off a letter. The kiss was a bonus.


I took her to get her nails done and she went on her "after nail cutting walk" along Hickman Street.


The nail cutting went well except for the fact that I now look like I should be under a 72 hour suicide watch. From wrist to elbow, it looks like one of Siegfried and Roy's tigers attacked me!!! I was holding her and they cut her back claws first so when it was time for the front - her newly sharpened nails dug right into my arm. We stopped for lunch after - she had a salad with grilled chicken and watercress. She didn't - but that's what she would have chosen off of the spa menu if she could have.

Then she got brushed and her face cleaned and her ears cleaned and then it came time to give her a bath. Well I tried to at least. It would have actually been the first bath in Dixon House and, I can't believe I'm saying this - her third bath ever.

September 13, 2009


May 2, 2010


BUT - after cleaning the tub of suspected germs, laying out her towels, and getting upset over seeing this:

because it had RoseBud's hair all over it... I couldn't get the damn water to come on! The hot which I believe is the cold would not budge... So, Lily Bud is still waiting for that bath... Poor thing. I'm going to have to reimburse her for services not rendered. Sorry Pup - we'll go over The Dad's house soon.

I'm thinking she just senses that I'm a little "off" as well. Lately, I've been feeling a little scared (in a strange way) in the house - especially when we go to bed. I can't figure out what's causing it. I've been hearing that (Michael) noise again when I'm on the computer - still assuming it's a chipmunk or squirrel in that piece of the gutter. I had my first big dream about my mother-in-law this morning too. And I woke up to three emails in my inbox wishing my baby a happy birthday. I didn't even realize what the date was. It would have been baby #2s first birthday. Just really weird things going on in the past few days.

I decided to smudge the house with sage tonight. I had Lily follow me and we went room by room. It took an hour. She had no idea what was going on but she followed along with it every step of the way. She was a very good apprentice and bowed to the altar when we were finished. Woof - Woof - Namaste.


We're going to go have dinner and rest up from our exhausting day today and hope tonight is a little better...

No comments: