Thursday, March 15, 2012

75/365

LOOKS LIKE THE ROAD TO HELL IS, IS IN FACT, PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS

I had the BSGI taken today. I agreed to do the study that that they were doing to see if they could use a lower dose of the radioactive solution to view the pictures... They needed to insert an IV in to do the partial and then the full dose. I was joking about how I had the BEST veins ever and it would be no problem at all... After three attempts by two different people and three blown veins in my hand and arm they called the Dr in to try for herself. Seeing I was already bruised, she asked if I REALLY wanted to be in this study??? So I opted out and they went straight to the full dose. The doctor did it (guided by ultrasound to find the vein) because they were all nervous wrecks and wanted to be sure there were no problems. I HAD GOOD INTENTIONS with the study... a lot of good that got me. I ended up having to have a biopsy done right there so we'll see what happens with that. Can anything just be easy? I guess not. I went home with an ice pack in my bra and a bunch of Tylenol that really isn't helping much. They told me to not hang around or kiss any babies for about 24 hours... why I didn't ask about dogs I'll never know!?! Carey told me to call the emergency vet and they told me to follow the same protocol and stay away from the pup and to NOT let her sleep with me... so I'm downstairs in the game room and I can hear her upstairs running from room to room looking for me. After she cried in the Dad's room for 20 minutes she scratched her way out the door. I had to pretend like I was leaving and snuck down here. Even I can't believe I'm doing this. I wish I would have brought some snacks with me! I think there's some Triscuits and marshmallows in the pantry down here.

No comments: