Wednesday, March 28, 2012

88/365

SCARRED

I have a lot of scars that aren't so visible and resurface from time to time.

Scars from my mother's illness and death...

Scars from an empty womb...

Scars from a pup going on a hike and collapsing in my arms a few days later...

Scars from traumatic events of others - a father that gets put on a ventilator and hospitalized out of state for a month due to a faulty shower head in a million dollar beach house and being witness to a mother-in-law coming to terms with the end and never returning home from vacation...

Scars from a broken heart.

I found out today that I could potentially be faced with a 14 hour reconstructive surgery. I'm hoping that's not the case. Though the way things seem to be moving along it wouldn't surprise me. Ironically, it's been about 14 hours since I found out and I honestly don't think I've processed everything yet... I'm already questioning, though, if any of this is really worth it.

These scars will be visible.

I just don't know if I can face seeing them every day.

No comments: