Tuesday, May 29, 2012

150/365

TOT (TEN ON TUESDAY) Thoughts in my head...

1. Shit, It's already Tuesday!

2. I am 17 weeks behind on LifeBook.  Yes - 17!!! I really need to make some room down there and find all my supplies and see if I can catch up!

3. Carey and I made indoor superburner smores last night when we couldn't get the grill to cooperate. Neither one of us were girl scouts and it shows. ;-)

4. I can't believe I haven't put flowers up at the cemetery since Christmas!  Not even on Mother's Day! Terrible terrible terrible.  I did a drive by before the surgery but that was it. I really need to get up there.

5. I've been talking to the doctor all weekend.. my incision opened and now she doesn't know if we can do the second surgery... I really don't think I should be the one to make the call on whether or not it's infected. Is the universe telling me not to do this?????

6. I feel like I'm going to get my period now too... so if we do the re-excision I'm probably going to have to wear those paper panties! Yay!

7. I think I want to see this movie - Seeking a Friend for the End of the World... trailer here.

8. Goal for next week: go get flowers to plant in the pots... I really miss being out in the yard.  It's still not the same here but I miss digging in the dirt.

9. Put the damn camera down and pick me up!  Sorry, Pup.  Not yet.

10. Kelly Rae Roberts recently did a repost of one of her posts from september 2010 - which I remember... for some reason I kept it on my desktop... I liked the other birds squeaking and cheering the knocked out one on... I went to get the mail this morning and there was too much in the box.. I had to go outside and get it from there instead of struggling while holding the door open with one foot and reaching out... not very comfortable - especially now! Anyway, I didn't notice anything - came back in - looked at the mail - by this time Lily was at the door looking out... that's when I saw it.

I thought maybe it was just knocked out but as I got closer it wasn't. It looked like it was going to storm too so I tried to dig a hole in the back but couldn't - I was afraid I was going to tumble down the hill...   Lily and I sat by the door and said the Hail Mary and sang Rockin' Robin (I couldn't think of any other bird songs!) and I got a big dustpan and brought him to the back and put him there.

This isn't my first dead animal post... poor chipmunk and poor bunny come to mind. I think there may be more.  I turned him over and there was no blood so not sure if he died of natural causes or a cat got him or he fell from a nest???  I don't know if this was an offering or a sacrifice or a sign of what's to come.  I think we all know what a dead bird at your doorstep means.  Rest in peace your little birdie soul.

... every little swallow, every chick-a-dee... every little bird in the tall oak tree... the wise old owl, the big black crow, flappin' their wings singing go bird go...

No comments: