Monday, October 11, 2010

307/365

GREAT OAKS FROM LITTLE ACORNS GROW
I picked a little acorn up in the grass awhile ago at an art show I went to... I thought it was cute and it "asked" to come home with me. It's been sitting on my dresser ever since.

Year after year I look at these acorns and have never gotten one. I planned on getting one this year because I thought it would be a meaningful year to do so but I forgot to go back for it.

Acorns have always held a symbolic place - big things can come from small beginnings... It symbolizes potential... possibility.

What holds someone back from doing what they want to do? From turning into an oak tree? I really wish I was near my big computer to insert the DeLuca/Knapp Oak Tree dance photo from New Years long ago! ;-) Anyway, what stops you? Is it something outside yourself or is it inside you? I made a list of what stops me about 6 months ago and would recommend doing so to anyone.

I was thinking that some acorns never get the chance to become that tree - like the one on my dresser or the ones the squirrels get and hide in my shoe planters... ;-) Some do. I wonder if all of them "think" it's possible, though.

I'm hoping they do. ;-)

I've had Kelly Rae's post stored on my desktop for awhile in my inspiration file and think it fits well here: Are YOU a possibilitarian?

"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: