Saturday, October 23, 2010

319/365

WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS
There is a place where the sidewalk ends
And before the street begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the moon-bird rests from his flight
To cool in the peppermint wind.
Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the asphalt flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends.
Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the chalk-white arrows go,
For the children (and dogs), they mark,
And the children (and dogs), they know
The place where the sidewalk ends.
{Shel Silverstein}
I hate that there are no sidewalks here. I think the Bud misses her walks and seeing other people and especially other dogs. I came across these pictures from a couple months ago - I don't think I ever got around to posting them.

Every time on our way back home from a walk Lily would jump up and give me a kiss! Every. Single. Time. It was like she was so happy to be out and wanted to thank me for taking her for a walk. I NEVER got a picture of that. :-( I tried but it was always too hard to do it myself mid kiss. After the kiss she would always go a little crazy and want to play.

No comments: