Friday, December 23, 2011

357/365

SANTA'S LITTLE HELPERS
I wish I had some elves right about now. At least some sous chefs in santa hats! I got a late start today but was out running around all over the place... I have a couple more gifts to get tomorrow and a little more food and I am officially done. I'm running really behind on everything. I think it's safe to say - I will never be the type of girl that is ready for anything. I shop until the end and cook until the end and no matter how much planning goes into it - I'm out rushing around like a crazy girl. I have my work cut out for me this year... if I manage to stay up for the next 48 hours - I think I can get it all done!

It's 2:50 am right now... going to redo my lists and work up my food time schedule. I didn't plan on starting my soup so late but I did so now I'll be up for awhile!
I don't know if you can tell from this picture but that's a restaurant size pot...I think I may have to eat some in a little bit at my 3am feeding so I can stir it. I cut it a little close there.

Anyway, a few days ago - the day of the really bad rain - I saw this in the yard...
I thought it was someone's garbage can lid at first - well I thought it was a UFO honestly - and then I thought it was some insert for a can or something. I didn't pay much attention to it. Today, The Dad realized it was the cover to the attic exhaust fan so there's been a HOLE up there for a couple days... I don't know how much water or what critters or birds or whatever got in there!?!

I guess some elves did come over to check things out...
That's not one of Santa's reindeer on the roof - that's Michael with a flashlight...

He and Kenny came over and covered the hole for now until we can get someone out here. I doubt they will be able to come out before Monday...
Thank God for them for coming to the rescue and getting up on the roof... the entire time without putting their cigars down!

No comments: