Sunday, January 16, 2011

16/365

QUOTH THE RAVEN... NEVERMORE
The Steelers beat the Ravens yesterday. I took some pictures of Lily in her new Steeler Jersey... she grew out of her other one.

Little Pup: 2/09

Lily PUGamalu now: 1/11






I heard through the grapevine that it turns out a black bird came to visit Dixon House... I thought about Mr. Caugherty's project English class in high school. We were the smart kids and he was the drama coach so we always had to do some fancy dramatization of whatever we were reading... I loved Edgar Allan Poe. Who was it - me and Scott and Denise and I can't remember if Leslie and Mike were in it - but we did The Raven... and threw my Dad's plastic chicken across the room because we didn't have a black bird! Everyone was cracking up. ;-) I'm still wondering how this bird got in the house, though, and why he paid a visit... there's so many fun ways to interpret it.

This video and article was interesting on facial recognition and how smart they are and some of the comments are pretty good too. Katie Bennett's was my favorite. Full video here.

I can't believe I still remembered the poem - the beginning at least...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
"Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door ~
Only this, and nothing more..."

No comments: