Sunday, January 30, 2011

30/365

I SCREAM - YOU SCREAM - WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE SCREAM

Truth is I don't really like ice cream very much. I mean not my favorite thing in the world. We were watching An Ice Cream Show while eating breakfast this morning... I had to leave the room because I was crying. There is obviously something wrong with me! They were talking about The Creamery and Rick Seback mentioned Death by Chocolate and a thousand images went rushing though my head like an old fashioned silent movie - being dropped off for my entrance exams when I transferred - milkshakes before class in the forum - circling what we wanted at that chinese restaurant - the book store - Bubba's delivery! I took one bite of food and had to leave the room. Penn State has been heavy on my mind these days and we were just talking yesterday about our next trip... Honestly, I'm not sure I'll make it through it.

I walked back in on the show when they were talking about Howard Johnson's - and had to walk right back out. ;-) When I think of all those summer trips to Wildwood when I was little I always think of stopping on the turnpike and those hot dogs and baked beans and boston brown bread!!! I would be so excited to get the tray and pick out my cake or boston cream pie and go along the cafeteria line.

Doumars didn't make the show (I don't know why) but we were just talking about it...
Norfolk has been another place that has been on my mind. I guess from this post. I forgot to add to my "places to move to list" yesterday so I guess I'll just wait until next week to add my next spot. Anyway, these places and things are all just that. I don't think any of this has to do with ice cream actually. All I know is I'm not sure how much more my heart can take.

FYI - favorite ice cream = King's Cinnamon - though I really want a Ringo from Doumars right now!

No comments: