Saturday, January 29, 2011

29/365

LONG LIVE THE LINGONBERRY
Chrissy, Katherine, Lizzie, Grace and I went to IKEA today and got swedish meatballs...
... and my favorite cake!

I love IKEA... it was packed and we were seriously there forever - like hours just on the top floor alone. I think we may have stopped and critiqued every single vignette in there. With the baby pink walls we called this the super sweet 16 and pregnant room - or maybe it's the 45, single and adopting room.
Yes, at times, I was teary eyed (yet again) walking through the store. I can't tell you how many times I've been there. Let's just say a lot. There's not one space that I don't have a memory or story about and by the time we got around here...
...I was a little overwhelmed. The panic attacks were coming a little too close for comfort because of the baby stuff, a little, and soooo much more.

After lunch and a marathon day there we didn't even make it out the door before we had to stop for a snack at the snack bar on the way out - coffee and cinnamon rolls...

Then we were off to tour the rest of Robinson and stop at Bakery Square... Free People opened yesterday so we had to pay the new store a visit as well as say hello to Anthropologie. Why can't we all just live in a world where tulle pom pom flowers "grow" on branches in the dirt outside?

Mediterranean Grill for dinner and we called it a night. I'm exhausted. Is it really only 10:00???

There's a zillion and one things I should be doing right now but I just can't bring myself to do anything. Time to snuggle with my puppy who couldn't stop wagging when she saw me come home. Thank God for this little thing.

Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail.
~Richard Friedman

No comments: