Monday, January 31, 2011

31/365

WEIRD AND WONDERFUL

I'm a stop on the side of the road kind of girl especially for anything weird... I think I've said it before - a 4 hour trip usually takes 6 or 7. We were never ones to take the shortest distance to somewhere. I planned on visiting at least one different place a month this year but the time escaped me and here we are on the last day of January already and I didn't go anywhere. I guess my plan failed. I'll have to try to do two in February.

I bought these books (PA and US) for D years ago and got the Weird PA for my Dad for Christmas so I've been flipping through it. Between that and Roadside America (one of my favorite apps) I've been getting anxious to go out.

I always wanted to start a road trip blurb book or something - just for myself. I feel like I'm starting to forget where I've been and I hate that. I don't have my pictures here or on my laptop so everything is kind of all going through my head. Then I go into my "Cindy Brady" alter ego and can't remember if it was really me or not that did something. One day at school (Penn State) I was telling a story about being on a seesaw and then I realized it was Cindy Brady and not me at all! I know of so many places that I don't know if I just THINK I was there or I actually was. There's some sort of medical condition for that, right? ;-)

Anyway, I can not remember for the life of me if we were here or I imagined it?!? The Shoe House in Hellam, PA (near York)
Some places I can't even think of what town they were in... like the big roller skate and apple and that round house - was that "Winchestertownville" maybe??? ;-) What about that big watering can when we were going on that hike? Where the heck was that??? I think that was close to home. I've been trying to start a list but I'm not getting very far...


Lucy the Elephant in Margate, NJ

Neptune in Virginia Beach

The Bridge over the New River Gorge in Fayetteville, WV

Balto the Wonder Dog in Central Park

I've been here many times - you know what I mean.

We ran into this guy - The Pied Piper of Storyland - after seeing a little hand written sign for the Flight 93 Memorial.

Who hasn't been to Storybook Forest? And why oh why haven't I seen this or do I just not remember this??? It's like something out of my most wonderful dream!

The Concrete Ship in Cape May.

Looking for the Menz statue I came across this site... (scroll down and read about Mr. Menz now on the air conditioning unit!) I forgot about the Mr. Peanut guy in Atlantic City!

The Crayola Factory in Easton, PA and Chocolate World in Hershey many, many times. Though I don't remember seeing this in the Hershey Gardens!?!

The Hotel that looked like a ship on the Lincoln Highway.

That reminds me we never stayed here or here. ;-(

I ♥♥♥ roads and weird places and being in the car... at least I used to. There's so many more places and I just can't remember them all. Now I'm just sad so I better continue with this later.

No comments: