Friday, January 21, 2011

21/365

ALL OVER THE PLACE
I thought today was going to be the last day for the garage door but the workers got here and couldn't get their truck in the driveway because of the snow so I had to reschedule. The more I look at this picture of the old door the more it's creeping me out. It's kind of a little scary.

I can't seem to get with it the last few days... or has it been the last few months? There is stuff everywhere... papers, clothes, files, housewares, beads... everything you can think of - all over the place. I took pictures but I'm kind of embarrassed to post them. Let's just say my quicksand has dried up and turned into an avalanche.

I "woke up" this morning and ran downstairs (still dreaming) because I thought the kitchen door was open and the dog got out. The last several mornings have been complete panic again for some reason. I feel like I haven't slept in weeks. I spent most of the day cooking - beef stew, chicken tortilla soup... all the cold weather friendly foods. I've kind of been in a food trance and am having a hard time coming out of it. I feel like I'm running on empty and about to break down on the side of the road. And as I type it sounds like there is a UFO out back... did I ever talk about how I used to think UFO's were going to land in the back yard when I was kid? I'll save that for later.

I think I have to quit for tonight. It's supposed to be the coldest night of the year so far...Lily has been trying to drag me in to bed so I think I'm going to take her up on her offer. Poor little thing hasn't been feeling too good either.

Brrrrr.

No comments: