Thursday, February 3, 2011

34/365

SPRING HAS SPRUNG
Well not quite yet, I guess, but it looks like Phil did NOT see his shadow yesterday and spring will be here shortly. (I heard he's right 39% of the time but I think we'll overlook that.)

Now that I'm thinking about it... I really can't remember if we went to Punxsutawney or not!?! Add that to my list of places. ;-( It wasn't for Groundhog's day. I think we were just passing through... Am I totally making this up? Cindy Brady, was that you? I'm worried about Glo's memory - maybe someone should give ME a dementia test.

Anyway, like I said yesterday I often said (along with my quicksand metaphor) that parts of my life were like groundhog day. A lot of that had to do with the baby thing... we kept trying and trying and always ended up right where we started while all around us there were pregnancies that lasted and babies that grew up and couples that became families... over and over again. We / I - I don't know how to word this - didn't experience the natural progression that typically happens. It was the same thing over and over - kind of "stuck" in the same spot.

I'm not the biggest Bill Murray fan and I don't like Andi MacDowell but the groundhog day movie was ok... I'm not going to explain it b/c I'm sure everyone saw it but when you get down to it it's really all about choices and having the chance to live that day over the same or choose something different. I thought that's where we were headed at this exact time last year... - together - with "baby" issues and a lot more.

Like in the movie if you kind of step back and see things from a different perspective things can change and you're not repeating the same day. It's as simple as that. I was watching it the other day and if you are looking for growth it's all in that movie. How he moved from the whole selfish attitude on what he can get out of it to actually understanding and listening and helping others and in the end where does he end up? Right where he was trying to run from - Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. I'm a sucker for small town movies - especially ones with snow.

OK - there's a lot more to this but it's late and I need to go to bed and hopefully sleep... and this 800 mg of motrin isn't doing a thing for my sore arm. I'll be back on this one.

No comments: