Thursday, February 24, 2011

55/365

TIME AFTER TIME
I was on some blog and the question for the day was "what makes your heart sing when you look around your house?"

I used to walk out of a room just so I could walk back in and look at everything around me. Does everyone do that? The simple little fabric tree that aunt joyce made and gave me when we moved in - it has stayed on the pig curio since she brought it over - in fact, it's still there. My calendar and chalkboards and the lazy susan on the dining room table... Our Christiana Candles! ♥ The tree I painted on the basement wall... My little shoes on the front porch! The picture of the disney brick that everyone signed at our wedding and the "True Companion" David had hand calligraphied from Nittany Quill - now turned over and cast aside. The woodwork around the windows... The mantle! I miss the mantle.

Many years ago I remember seeing a mantle in Country Living or Country Home magazine - similar to the photo above - and I loved it. Next time we go junking, I think I'm going to start searching for old beat up clocks and clock faces and maybe a basket or bin of pocket watches. That would be nice. And I don't want any of them to have the right time - all different. Except, maybe, for one - hidden somewhere in the group.

Then I'll have to find a mantle to put them on.

"Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you..."

{sorry Dixon House for not taking care of you... and thank you for being my home.}

No comments: