Thursday, April 21, 2011

111/365

SLIGHTLY AIMLESS
The day started out weird... The waitress at Dick's Diner thought she knew me from somewhere... I thought she was way older than me actually. Turns out she was 38. Had a kid in 9th grade and a 21 year old. Yes. 21. So at that point I was already like FML. She asked if I went to City Limits a lot. Thought she knew me from there... the days of big hair and 80s, she said. She ended up knowing my cousin Michael. She was really nice but I still don't know who she is.

The day got progressively weirder... I was feeling slightly aimless today at the grocery store. Just felt a little out of it - like I was in another world. Found myself wandering up and down the same aisles not quite knowing what I was doing or looking for. Not really caring either. At one point I just wanted to stop and sit down in the middle of the store. I felt like everyone was moving around me and I was just still.

Then I got to the checkout, specifically chosen because the women in front of me only had a few things... what I didn't see was the most miserable couple in monroeville who was in front of her with 300 things... they were just about finished and then the 300 coupons appeared. I swear they must have had a coupon for every single item they bought. Then a fist fight almost went down when the cashier said they didn't buy the land o lakes butter they had a 30 cent coupon for. They insisted they did and went through every bag that was packed. Seriously - 30 cents. I wanted to hand them a dollar and tell them to get the hell out of the store. I don't even know if they got the butter or not. I was talking to the girl standing behind me who was feeding her baby in the cart so I missed the outcome of the butter ordeal.

Here's the miserable coupon guy. Didn't even say thank you to the checkout guy. That made me mad.
I put the groceries in, got in the car and didn't feel like driving home. I wanted to snuggle up in the backseat under Lily's blanket and take a nap but figured that would be a little strange so I sat there and ate this.
It was pretty much melted after the wait time in line and I don't even like ice cream all that much but those single serve containers get me every time. Especially the ones with the little spoons. So cute.

I don't feel like talking about anything else right now so I'm going to bed... I'll leave this night with a funny picture I found on Pinterest of a dog that looks like Chewbacca.

No comments: