Wednesday, April 6, 2011

96/365

OUT ON A LIMB
I was in Target the other day walking down the frame aisle...
I looked up and saw this collage frame and had to stop and catch my breath. It kind of just hit me that our family tree forever has a broken branch. ;-(

I've talked about trees on here a lot - I'm a little obsessed with them in all kinds of ways. I started a board on my Pinterest of some of my favorites. Lily won't go potty unless I walk to the middle of the yard with her... so we always go to the end of the fence and say hi to the trees. I've been trying to figure out what I need to do back there with some of the ones that have seen better days... There have been so many pretty little birds out there. I've been trying to get a picture of these two blue birds that come to visit but they are a little camera shy. The owl is not cooperating either. I didn't have my camera with me but yesterday I saw two sets of baby birds - one of them is a family of woodpeckers, I think! They look just like the grown ups that are causing a big commotion out there. Matthew was always my go to bird guy. I'm wondering what the other ones are - they are really, really little.

I thought of him the other day while going through a drawer at my SILs house...there was a box of extra, misplaced game pieces and I came across these cards from one of his favorite games we used to play when he was little and would come over here to swim and play with gypsy dog. I guess, besides the car with the little pink and blue pieces, which must have been in it's proper container, at the end of the day - it does all comes down to this.
They may not have been what I thought they were but I still miss my family and my life.

"Us sing and dance, make faces and give flower bouquets, trying to be loved. You ever notice that trees do everything to git attention we do, except walk."
~ Alice Walker, The Color Purple

No comments: