Sunday, April 24, 2011

114/365

SEEK, AND YE SHALL FIND
I loved the DiGioia Easter Egg hunts... even though, all those years, we never had our own children go on the search we did have a participant of sorts... she would just go along with the other "kids" sniffing and searching for all those eggs. I always liked this picture above - it's actually RoseBud. It always spoke to me that sometimes what you are looking for is right there in front of you. Or maybe it's saying the gardener will find it in August! Some times Mum would lose a money egg here or there and they were discovered months later while they were cutting the grass! ;-)

It was yucky out so I did Lily's hunt inside... Her basket sucked this year... I forgot to get one at the house so I used this dollar store egg and re-gifted some of her Christmas bones and treats. Glo wanted to get her food but I never got a chance to get it so she said she would just give her money. That's normal - all dogs get money eggs, right? ;-)

All in all it was a good day. I think the Easter Gods and Goddesses must have been with me this year... Dinner actually went down without a problem. I was strangely well prepared - even though I only got my act together last night... my timing was ok... everything was good. We had two kinds of coffee running at all times - flavored and regular. It was team work at it's best. The dishes were even done before the food was put away. I'm waiting for birds to fall out of the sky and the fish to go belly up again.

I did discover a few things. though.... All kitchens should have - at minimum - three ovens... When someone says, sarcastically, "what are you doing now?!?" while you are cleaning the stove and you say, "everything you said you were going to do" - it CAN be taken sarcastically even though it was a 100% TRUE, matter of fact comment... The sounds of Slingo get more and more aggravating when you are running around the house trying to get ready... It ALWAYS takes longer than you think to clean... mixing that layered salad is hard work... sometimes I wish Glo knew how to drive.... and I don't know when it's going to stop feeling like he should still be here.

I am proud of myself for what I think is a major accomplishment on my part.
I wanted to bite the head off that butter lamb for the last week and a half. I don't think Paula Deen would have been able to control herself like I did. ;-)

It was really a laid back kind of day. Twin did some bird watching and was Lily's best friend - as usual...
Between the kids and following her buddy around - there is one tired puppy in this house... Glo's sleeping over because I have an appointment in the morning and didn't feel like taking her home. Lily's in there with her. When they were getting settled in bed I heard her telling Lily about sharing a bed with RoseBud in Norfolk. They are sleeping like babies. Kind of like this little guy.

It's hard to believe another Easter has gone by. Last Easter was the first holiday without Mum and I wasn't even there... that still makes me sad. It's still hard to be out of that family but I'm grateful for this one. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter. I'm going to go get some coffee. ;-)

No comments: