Saturday, July 2, 2011

194/365

AFTER MIDNIGHT
Shortly after midnight last night I got an email... your 24 month old is probably ready for a toddler bed... then another just a few minutes later - welcoming the terrible twos! I've been so distracted lately I didn't even realize the date - the day I could have been putting two candles on a baby girl's birthday cake. Just another example of how - in the blink of an eye - time flashes right by you.

I passed by someone on the street tonight... I was in the car and he was walking his dog. He was my second favorite guy - next to my husband. ;-) I'm not a big movie quote girl (besides the godfather) but something popped into my head from St Elmo's Fire... I guess forever did get a lot shorter.

Along these same lines... if you haven't seen Dear Photograph you should check it out. The main idea is to take a picture of a picture from the past in the present. If there was a love button on facebook I would have clicked it. It's a fairly new site and not much on it yet but I cried through most of the few pages... One image and caption got to me the most and by the looks of the over 40,000 notes - comments, re-blogs and re-tweets on this one photo alone - it seems like it struck a chord with a lot of people.

"Dear Photograph... Thank you for everything we had."

No comments: