Thursday, July 14, 2011

205/365

ADVENTURES IN BETTA-SITTING

We are pet sitting Rudy. Or Randolph as the Dad keeps calling him for some reason. There's not much you can really do with a fish. Can't throw him a ball or take him for a walk. All you can do is just watch him. Maybe I'll read him a story some time. I feel like I need to sit and talk to him or something.

On the way home from the doctors today I took the dad to Whole Foods to get him some shrimp (don't tell Rudy) and for me to go to the Craft-O-Tron. I was a little frazzled all day. I lost the parking ticket in the 35 minutes we were at Shadyside. I emptied my purse out three times and it was nowhere to be found. I left my camera at home and left my phone in the car so I don't have a picture of the machine. Craft-o-tron is at Whole Foods for awhile (the Upcycla is at Burgatory) - I chose the felted wool rosebud pin - of course. ;-)
I sent my submission to the original Art-o-Mat so we'll see what happens with that. I may have to do something for the craft-o-tron too!

Later, Aunt Joyce called to see if I wanted to meet her at St John's new to you sale. I got an old metal snack tray ($1) which I've seen turned into cute little retro magnet boards... a Scrabble sentence game ($2.50) and a framed sacred heart picture ($1) - everyone was oohing and awwing over it as we were walking back to the car. I was a little embarrassed to say I only bought it for the frame. I saw it and thought it would be good carved and painted turquoise or something and made a little more funky. It is a nice picture - Catholic guilt may make me reframe it.
Oh - and guess what I found in my purse just a little bit ago. Yep - the parking ticket.
Freak.

I'm going to go talk to the fish.

No comments: