Wednesday, July 20, 2011

211/365

ORAL FIXATION (and a grasshopper)
I stopped at McDonald's for iced tea today - not realizing that it was 25 cent mango pineapple smoothie day. I guess I was somewhat oblivious to the unusually long drive thru line at 2 in the afternoon. I was too far committed in line so I had no choice other than to wait it out. I got one - it was pretty good. Anyway, on any given day I have two or three drinks in the car...
... sad part about this is not too long after I took this picture I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee.

On a side note - I just got back from shopping a little bit ago. I think I was the last person in line at Target tonight. When I came home - a grasshopper came in the garage with me. I was trying to reason with it to just make things easy and told him to go out the door. The Dad came to help me with my bags (which is unusual) and he didn't buy the grasshopper whisperer routine I was doing and put his bulldog face on and swatted at it with a broom... of course I started screaming and it landed on my head... I flung it out of my hair and it went in the cellar. After awhile I found it and he wanted to squash it with paper towels... I intervened and tried to capture it in a cup - which didn't work! So now he's pouting and the bug is somewhere behind the dryer.

I had to look up the difference between a cricket and a grasshopper... even though it's night I still think it was a grasshopper. I was curious because I just bought a Pinocchio book for Aunt Gloria. ;-)

Ok going to try the fifth life vest on the bud then going to bed.

But, seriously... how can you kill a grasshopper?!?

(Lizards don't need to answer that.)

No comments: