Saturday, July 9, 2011

200/365

YOU ARE THE BUTTER TO MY BREAD, THE BREATH TO MY LIFE

I can't believe I haven't seen this Julie and Julia movie before now... I don't think I'm going to make it through the whole thing - It's after 1:00 am and I'm getting a little sleepy. Not feeling that great today and I'm a little weepy now after the whole pearls on her 30th birthday thing for Julie and Julia crying when she read a letter regarding her sister's pregnancy. I had to look up the significance and found this.

Anyway, I took The Bud out tonight around 10 o'clock and a big giant something flew to the light. Are bats attracted to light? I didn't think so. That's kind of what it looked like, though. I could make out the body and what I thought were ears! If not - it was the biggest moth I've ever seen. We were standing there in fear for about ten minutes - no phone or camera - hence no photo. It was not going anywhere so I only had one choice...

I brought the dog over to the locked gate so she would be out of harms way and I told her the plan. I had to do it - I climbed over the fence! It was my only option. I was afraid if we went to the door it would attack us or it would get in behind us. I climbed over the fence and went in the house through the garage... called the pup over, turned the light off and opened the door just enough for her to sneak in!

OK - now that I confessed my strange behavior for the night - I'm going to sit by the light of the tree and more than likely miss the end of the movie. ;-)

Bon Appetit!

If you feel so inclined... Boeuf Bourguignon

No comments: