Friday, October 28, 2011

320/365

SPECIAL DAY

"Well I said, Mama, Mama, Mama - why am I so alone?
I can't go outside - I'm scared I might not make it home.
Well, I'm alive - I'm alive... but I'm sinking in...
If there's anyone at home at your place, darling - why don't you invite me in..."

----------
My due date for the last pregnancy was my (40th) birthday last year. I don't know when my mother was due with me. I'm wondering if it was around her birthday too???
It's questions like that that I wish I could ask her.
I know she was trying to induce labor by going up and down the steps - giving out Halloween candy. I guess it worked! I'll have to look into that. Anyway, she would have been 67 years old today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I'll remember this day for many reasons - this date has followed me around all through my life and was a special day in the world of David and Jeannine - 22 years ago when it all began.

I had an assignment from an online art class I was taking over a year ago to interpret a song - any song - using any mixed media. I never did it because I got sidetracked when I moved from Dixon House... A few months ago I started some paintings inspired by a Counting Crows album. I took it a step further and went from a simple sketch for one song to a bunch of different sketches. You know - because one isn't enough! Anyway, it's August and Everything After - because the album title was just as significant in my life as the original song I chose. I was hoping to have them finished by now but I don't.

More to come on this.

Rain King - 2003 performance

No comments: