Saturday, January 14, 2012

14/365

I MISSED THE PIONEER WOMAN!
I really thought that I would get up today and everything would be magically ok! I was going to sleep in and get up to watch The Pioneer Woman's show...Instead, I woke up this morning and still couldn't put my heel down so I figured I had to do something! I trudged my way through all the snow to get to my car and hopped in and drove myself to MedExpress... I thought it was early enough that most of the sickos wouldn't be there yet. No such luck - there they were... kleenex boxes in hand and coughing all around! ;-) I finally went back and thought they would just tell me it was a sprain and good job with the R.I.C.E. and send me on my way. They said because of how the pain was and my history of recurrent miscarriages and clotting disorder they were worried there may be a blood clot and wouldn't discharge me. They told me to go to the emergency room immediately. So off I went to the ER..

I did get a room with a view of the nurse's station (always my mom's favorite!)

I was finally brought back for an ultrasound (yay for limited weekend schedules!)
PS - I'm glad I wore cute underwear! See, you never know.

Turns out, after all that, no DVT - just a torn calf muscle... All because the little pup was barking for her mama. You're a good little nurse, though, puppy dog. ;-)

Better than The (insensitive, arrogant, rude) Dad.

PPS - I'd like to run away from home - if I could.

No comments: