Sunday, January 29, 2012

29/365

SERVICE ENGINE SOON
That light keeps coming on in the car but I think it's more of a warning for me... it was a lazy day today... I haven't been sleeping well the last couple weeks... tossing and turning - nightmares - pup waking up in the middle of the night. I just wanted to sleep all day today. I tried to take a nap every chance I could all weekend - wasn't very successful at it. I've been feeling really strange... like when I would stay up too late at school studying for a test and had to get to the class at 8... or spending a late night getting ready to leave for an early morning flight... often we would bring the dog over here late and have to get back to do laundry and get organized and fall into bed just to hear the alarm go off a couple hours later. More times than not I would throw up before I got out the door - I guess I could have omitted that thought. ;-) It's just that sense of excitement and anticipation and tiredness and all the other fun stuff rolled into one. Maybe I'm the only one that feels that way! I don't know.

Lily got me up last night at 2:15 and we were outside chasing a bunny and playing frisbee. The poor bunny (who I assume is one of the pooping bunnies) couldn't decide which way to get out of the fence and the bud just took advantage of some play time. Thankfully they never got too close. We played frisbee under the stars and moon and finally went in when we heard an owl. I don't think I fell back to sleep until after 4 so I've been screwed up all day.

With or without the warning lights coming on in the car - I know I am running on empty. They say whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger... that may be true. Right now, honestly, I'd rather be dead. I just made a chocolate ugly cake a little bit ago. They say everything is better with cake, too, right?

No comments: