Friday, January 27, 2012

27/365

TRUTH OR DARE
The most recent art lesson I'm working on is focusing on the duality in all humanity... dark and light, night and day, feelings and logistics, private and public, etc... having both energies equal and balanced... one needing the other so they can truly know themselves. Neither good nor bad.... The sun gives light and also can burn... the Moon regulates our bodies cycles and the tides but can produce devastating floods...there needs to be a balance.

This lesson has been difficult technically - I'm not used to figure drawing and it's pretty intense. Not sure I'm going to be able to master this one at the moment... I'm running behind and the next is coming up on Monday. I've been trying to come up with my goddess energies for light and dark. Along with my cards I found some books I had and did a fun little quiz. Demeter was the big winner for me with Hestia following very close behind. Since my word for this year is truth I figured Aletheia would be a good place to start as well. I'm having a bit of an issue with that, though, and the thought of drawing Apate with her made me a little sick. I need to just go with something or come up with a different approach for this week. All in all it's been a good lesson learned.

No comments: