Saturday, September 8, 2012

249/365

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME...

Well, let me get this out of the way first... I'm not dead.  Yet.  I know I've only had two pills but I just took my blood pressure and it was 147/103 and my pulse was 118.  So... I'm thinking this isn't going to bring my pulse down to 0 in a couple days.  I changed the date on my "note" from last night, just in case.

Anyway, I don't know what she has against her but it's no secret that Aunt Gloria liked RoseBud better than my Lily Bud.  She says it's because RB was the first and she's always reminiscing about our time in Norfolk and how The Bud would sleep with her and she would sit with her in the car while we went in the hospital and this one (meaning Lily) is just way too wild and jumpy. You know what they say about dogs from broken homes... she's going to be trouble when she gets older.

Glo has all of (both) The Bud's Christmas cards on the refrigerator still...

Her apartment is full of pug stuff - mostly all were gifts from the pups... No matter where you look - there's a pug in view. Glo has mentioned more than once in the last couple days that RB died on her birthday... I think she thinks they are kindred spirits because of that. I don't know if she just has a feeling or she would rather be gone than have to move anywhere but I overheard her talking to a picture of RoseBud...

She said...

I'll be with you soon.  I know it.

No comments: