Tuesday, March 5, 2013

64/365

"AFTER ALL, WHAT'S A LIFE, ANYWAY?  WE'RE BORN WE LIVE A LITTLE WHILE, WE DIE..."
I walked in to visit Glo-worm today and a bunch of family members were in visiting her roommate.  I went and sat on Glo's bed and she said "Emily is dead." I told her I didn't think she was and she insisted that she smelled something and that was because she was dead. She didn't understand why they were all sitting there gawking at her - dead.  Glo is pretty strange - she gave the niece her chair and then bitched that she was still there sitting in it. She just wasn't getting why they were all there... I didn't want to shout out SHE'S ALIVE with all of her family there so I wrote a note.


I think she got it but I'm still not 100% sure.

We found out Emily never had any children... she was never married.  They were her nieces and nephew. Two things popped in my head... this could be me one day in 20-30-40 years. If I make it that long. Alone. I don't have any siblings... all my nieces and nephews were through marriage. The second thing that went through my head was the urban legend that when your college roommate dies you get a 4.0 for that semester. I know, my head is full of really weird thoughts.

I don't know if you'll be there tomorrow so peace be with you, Emily.  You are/were a nice little old lady.

No comments: