Tuesday, March 19, 2013

78/365

525,600 MINUTES
A year ago today I sat in the Giant Eagle parking lot making my grocery list and got a call from the radiologist... I always seem to park in the same parking spot.... I did a few days ago and took this picture.  This was the view when I heard that the biopsy came back positive.

I remember getting the call and going in the store kind of like what the heck? Wasn't the past few years enough? RoseBud collapsing on my lap a few days after that stupid hike... all the miscarriages... my husband walking out on us, Norfolk, Mum, my Mother, etc, etc.  I remember coming back and having to tell The Dad... I walked in and he had a big St Patrick's day hat on and shamrock glasses and I had to tell him the news. I made my apricot chicken.  It was a whirlwind year from then on... I had multiple other biopsies, genetic testing, 2 surgeries in May, oncotype testing, almost two months of week day radiation, I spent 4 1/2 months on Glo-worm's couch and was back and forth taking care of The Dad and The Bud. Oh, and I ended the year by dropping a giant restaurant sized pot of scalding hot water all over my belly. It wasn't exactly a walk in the park.  I think I did the best I could have done considering the circumstances, though. Thanks to all my friends and family that were with me the past year. ♥♥♥

No comments: