Tuesday, May 4, 2010

124/365

CHRISTMAS BELLS ARE RINGING...
"...No sleighbells - No Santa Claus - No Yule Log - No tinsel..."
I've heard of Christmas in July but Christmas in May??? "...no room at The Holiday Inn..." The Christmas tree is still in the living room. After I took this picture I did take the ornaments off of it! Just trying to figure out if I should pack it up or pack it away??? "...kiss me it's beginning to snow..."

I've been thinking about this statement...We don't remember days, we remember moments. David gave me this Mickey Mouse Santa almost 21 years ago... It's funny - I remember the exact moment - sitting in the car up on the hill. I wonder why we remember one thing and not another... or why we forget about something and something else triggers it??? I have more to say about this and my current obsession to document and remember my life, but I think I'll save that for another day.

I don't know why I've kept this with me but one time, long ago, in a darkened corner of Menz restaurant, my sister-in-law asked a question to our section of the table. I don't think I had an answer then or have one now but it's a good one: What is your earliest memory?

No comments: