Thursday, May 20, 2010

140/365

KEEP THE MOTOR RUNNING - HEAD OUT ON THE HIGHWAY...
I've been going down memory lane (pun intended) because I'm trying to stay away from the kitchen since this is my breakfast, lunch and dinner for today:

why I got up at 6 am and made the day longer I'll never know..


I figured I should stay upstairs and get back to organizing the 30,000 pictures of RoseBud and came across this one of her in the rear view mirror...she was a "Traveling Dog!" I realized that some of the best times of my life were in the car... though one of the worst was in there too. ;-(

I remember the trips to Wildwood leaving early to "beat the heat" and my dad asking what was in the cooler before we got off our street and all of us starting to eat chipped ham sandwiches before we even got the ticket to get on the Turnpike...

We've been known to add on 3-4 hours to a trip because we like to STOP along the way. That annoys some people because they just want to get there. Like THERE is so much better than where they are now. I always thought that was weird.

If we didn't stop along the way we'd miss things like seeing little bears in the woods:


or the really dangerous bears like this one:


we'd never see signs like this:


or this:


most people would drive right by a little teeny sign that brought you here:


and never bother to stop at something they pass by all the time:


I would like to load the Lil Bud in the car right now, take my lemonade and just start driving... but the only place on my mind is a place we ran into coming home from some place else:

Sounds good right about now!

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION - IT'S THE JOURNEY.

No comments: