Friday, May 21, 2010

141/365

FOREVER YOUNG

Denise loved that song.

I remember her playing it at school and screaming it in her loud voice. I can still picture her head bobbing around behind a bunch of K-Triangle-P brothers singing "... you - you got what I need - but you say he's just a friend..." I remember the shoes she would only wear to fraternity parties because the floors were so sticky...

Forever young... I want to be forever young.
Do you really want to live forever, forever, forever...

I remember that song being played at her funeral too. She died almost 6 years ago. She was 33. I think this was the first picture of the three of us as college roommates at Cedarbrook - August 1990... Who would have thought (14 years after it was taken) she'd be gone?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DENISE.
Long Live Sister Wompa!

No comments: