Friday, May 7, 2010

128/365

MAKE A WISH

I spent the day up at State College today helping Lizzie move out of Cedarbrook. I had to go visit The Wishing Vent. I'm not sure anyone but the three of us (me, Dave and Steve) knew about this back then. I really can't remember if we shared our little secret with anyone back in the day or if we kept it to ourselves. I do remember dropping a lot of coins. Some on the run - in the midst of a bunch of people hurrying by... Some more purposeful. How many tests were passed because of those coins thrown down there??? How many of those wishes came true??? Regardless, I threw a few coins in today.

We had a fun day... We stopped at Martin's - Chrissy's fave. We locked ourselves out of the apartment, went to the bookstore, saw the new house, visited the Collegian and took pictures of Lizzie using her keys to open HER Editor in Chief door and we had lunch at the Deli. I had the potato soup and Meshugna. No room for dessert but we did sit right where the dessert buffet used to be. ;-)

It was also a little sad in a way. There's just so many memories of so many years EVERYWHERE you look. It's hard to believe it's been 20+ years since we first stepped foot up there. There's no denying it - time definitely knows how to fly.

No comments: