Monday, May 31, 2010

152/365

FULL CIRCLE
I had a strange night last night... We were up WAY past our bed time and when we got into bed around 2:30 AM I couldn't sleep. If you looked between the slats of the blinds in just the right way the light from the alarm system looked like two glowing robot eyes staring back at me. When I would close my eyes and open them again the room was filled with foggy circles above my head. Maybe the spirits came to visit us last night?

Lily and I had a snuggle fest and watched LOST again last night. Since they all died I figured this was a good post for Memorial Day... ;-) I wasn't paying perfect attention when it aired the first time so I got a little more this time. I'm still confused about a lot of things but I always was and kind of accepted that and I think I'll just leave it that way. I guess we're all just lost souls in between life and death... looking for the next thing. That may simplify it a little too much but that's what I'll take from it. I'm sad for Ben and wish he would have gone in there with everyone instead of staying outside. No one wants to feel like they don't deserve something. Lily was especially happy when Vincent came running over at the end...she watched the whole scene. And I did like how it went full circle - with Jack opening his eyes to see Vincent in the first show and closing them with the dog next to him in the last.

So HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! For the second time in my life I'm not making it to the cemetery on a holiday. Just can't do it today. I hope you all can forgive me. ;-) Here's a photo from when Lily was just a pup...
I can only think of one thing when I look at this picture...

No comments: