Wednesday, March 16, 2011

75/365

IF YOU LIVE TO BE 100...
I saw this necklace the other day... it was always one of my favorite quotes from Winnie the Pooh... I was thinking that if I live to be the age my mother was when she died I have a little less than 9 years left. I'm kind of hoping that 2012 thing is for real so I don't have to wait so long but we all know how that Y2K thing worked out so I may be out of luck. I did read that Nibiru is visible every 2,160 years - maybe that's a sign - 216 is my mother's "number" so we'll see what happens with that.

I started Patti Digh's Creative is a verb - if you are alive you're creative. I've had it since Christmas and just started taking a look at it. It looks like it will be as good as the first one! I read that one - Life is a verb - 37 days to wake up, be mindful, and live intentionally - a couple years ago after coming across her blog one day. The whole concept for the 37 days came about because her step-father was diagnosed with lung cancer and died 37 days later.

What would you do if you knew you had only 37 days to live?

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all that's going on with me and those around me. This is a noteworthy week for me... with it being a year yesterday that we walked into that ultrasound room and I looked over at my husband and knew all was lost. And I'm not just talking about the baby. It was a year ago today that he left for a work trip to las vegas and I walked into this very house with my vera bags and my puppy... not quite knowing then that I would eventually end up back here to stay.

I'm far behind on many things I need to do but I just can't do anything right now. I've been shivering all day everywhere I went. I think I'm taking my dog and my book and going into bed for a little bit and just get up later and stay up all night. Poor lily bud hasn't been feeling too great... we were both throwing up this morning. Like mama like puppy, I guess! I feel bad for the little thing - all she gets to see anymore is the backyard. I checked out a place in penn hills and took her back up to get her nails cut. She fell right to sleep in the car... I drove around a little and let her sleep. That's totally normal, right? ;-)

Here she is in the car - lift-lift-click-buckle-kiss!

No comments: