Friday, May 13, 2011

133/365

COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU

First of all - what's up with me driving home late two weekends in a row in terrible fog? It's like I'm driving in hell. I don't like this night time driving. That and I've been a little oblivious - I don't even trust myself on the road... Barbie has been worried about me so she called me tonight and said I had to get out of the house and come over... As I was driving down the street - with Jake and Zach following along on either side of the car as they were walking home from a friend's house - I pulled in a little startled that Rick would have put strange flower planters along the driveway... finally, as the kids and I started cracking up I realized I was at the wrong house.

I resisted going over at first - I went to bed really late last night - after 4:30 am and just wanted to stay at home. I did get an offer for a threesome ;-) but I would have had to go over to Barb's house anyway to partake so I figured what the heck. I opted out of that and we went to see Bridesmaids. We laughed the whole time - like serious Aunt Joyce on a Friday night uncontrollable laughing. I can't remember the last movie I saw. This was the first time I went to the movie theater at the Mills...we were late (my fault) and had to sit really close. Barb made fun of me because I was looking for the leather seats. I don't get out much.

Anyway, why are previews so fascinating? Or am I the only one that thinks that? I think it may be the anticipation that something is about to start - the actual movie... the build up before the big show. Psychologically, I wonder. Anyway, these July movies look pretty good... This Justin movie Friends with Benefits looks a little better than his previous work - Model Behavior. ;-) And a couple Jason Bateman movies... Horrible Bosses and The Change Up - though I think that concept has been used a couple times before but you got to love those grass isn't always greener movies.

I was a little fearful of going to see a wedding movie (and thought Thor may have been a better option) but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The whole idea of weddings and planning... I still want to be married to the same guy that doesn't want to be married to me. I know - it's not normal. Strange how I do can become I don't - isn't it? ;-(

It's 2:40 am already... here we go again...looks like I'm going to be up late tonight too.

No comments: