Thursday, November 24, 2011

347/365

GIVE & THANK
I'm stuffed. Too much food tonight! I remember when I was little... after parties and things we would bring food down to the Jubilee Kitchen. I still remember looking in and seeing all the tables. I feel bad for the people and animals that are hungry tonight and for those that have to decide between putting food on their table or paying their bills or buying their medication.

Chrissy and I went over Aunt Gloria's yesterday to help her with her cranberry jello salad. We were going step by step and I asked her how many nuts go into it and she pointed to each of us and counted and said - THREE! She was right about that. ;-)

We went to lunch after at the Starlite Lounge and had a good time. Glo kept saying she was having "such a good day." We got in the car after lunch and she asked if we would take her to Wal-Mart. I don't think she wanted the day to end.

We got back and her neighbor, Babe, was coming down to get her mail. She told us her nephew sent her flowers and asked if we would come up to see them. Chrissy met her match, I think... Babe is a QVC shop-a-holic and may possibly have more Tiffany lamps than her. Babe was all excited that I had been to Bedford Springs a couple times and was telling me about her hot stone massage she had there. She and her daughter were going there for brunch today. She showed us all her stuff - her clothes...jewelry... kitchen stuff... and told us how much she loved her pretty bed. She told us about all the baking she does and shared some of her secrets. She made us promise to come back so she could teach us how to make her perfect pie crust. Didn't really plan to be there as long as we were. There was so much to do and nothing really got done...besides making two old ladies happy. ;-)

It was a good day.

Happy Thanksgiving.

"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true meaning of our thanksgiving." ~ W.F. Purkiser

No comments: