Monday, December 6, 2010

340/365

GRAND THEFT FLATWARE
I know it's not really stealing but I have to come clean.
Dixon House is short ONE knife, fork and spoon! Ok - maybe a little butter knife and sugar spoon too... ;-)

I was at the house awhile ago and opened the drawer and freaked. I debated for a LONG time and took them out and put them back in again and again because I didn't want them to leave their "friends." Finally, I put them in a bag and left - sobbing. This was over a month ago. I admit that I have a strong attachment to things and maybe this was an unusual thing to obsess or care about but for me (and those that know me well) you know it was perfectly normal. I was going through some things in the game room last night and found the bag and spent about an hour crying...

"The dish and the spoon were down on their luck... they came knockin' on my doghouse door... and I said not in my backyard, utensils... go back to China!" Sorry, no one is going to get that but I couldn't resist. ;-)

Nothing cheers me up more than restaurant supplies so luckily there was a trip to the strip planned for this morning...
and breakfast...
...here:
There's more to this than knives, forks and spoons, though. I'm just not going to get into it right now. I'm out of space here... and I'm out of time... and energy...

Even with my little shopping trip this morning I still miss the rest of my silverware and a few other things still at the house. ;-(

No comments: