Tuesday, August 7, 2012

216/265

TOT - TEN ON TUESDAY (Deep Creek wrap up)

1. I think I'm going to get each of these put on canvas... RoseBud at the ocean and Lily at the lake.


2. Poor Sabrina - she was a bit uneasy in her new surroundings... she didn't like the hard wood floors or unfamiliar sounds.  She's such a good dog and Lily and her get along great.  They kind of do their own thing and occasionally would meet  up under the dining room table. Sabrina did enjoy the pet cakes Chrissy got Lily for her birthday. We brought the mix and pan along because we wanted to make them with Lily's BDF (best doggie friend.) Carob+Peanut Butter = Delish.


3. We had some lovely dinners... Surprisingly, I didn't take many pictures of them.  Ever since David texted me from the beach about PigMan's and RoseBud I've been wanting to make my Dr. Pepper ribs. They were excellent and it's the only full meal I photographed.  We had one of Sharon's magnificent salads,  potatoes and green beans (recipe from The Chew) and after Carey went to the Garret County Fair and vowed to become a vegetarian first chance she could get - she whipped up a tray of absolutely luscious eggplant parm. Yum-O.


4. Aunt Joyce and Uncle Jimmy came for the weekend  - Twin just wanted to sit outside and listen to "the children of the night." Here are some "children" we came across...
5. Games people play... we had some moments of hysteria with scattegories and taboo (FYI-Sharon and I should never be on a team together again) and I brought along Password which had a $2.99 Gee Bee price tag and a Scrabble Sentence game (circa 1971) I found at the St John's Fair yard sale. I like to kick it old school.

6. Paul and RoseBud are never too far... yes, I'm 40+ and my childhood teddy bear still comes along with me to hang out wherever I am.
7. Carey and Terry went out one night and made up a Kong for Sabrina to keep her occupied... Some little bitch snatched it away from her. #baddog.
8.  I'm not entirely sure which way we got there... I went the turnpike this time and after that I'm not quite sure... we came up on a bunch of evil windmills.

9. I wonder if this elephant was thinking about ordering a super burger??? Ok - better question - why is there an elephant in the parking lot?
10. I didn't even bring my big camera with me.  I used my phone the entire time.  I felt a little naked but it worked out and was kind of nice.  More photos of DCL 2012 on my instagram.

No comments: