Tuesday, August 14, 2012

223/365

TOT - TEN ON TUESDAY (random thoughts)

1. MAN DOWN!!! Lily loves playing with the big pug Sharon and Carey got me. She played with it for about 45 minutes last night.  By played I mean barked at and pushed over. She's very confused as to why that thing doesn't chase her around the dining room table.  That's all she wants it to do.


2. I didn't know Marvin Hamlisch was the youngest person accepted by The Julliard School at age 7... He also had 3 Oscars, 4 Emmys, 4 Grammys, a Tony, a Pulitzer and 2 Golden Globes. Bravo, Mr. Hamlisch.

3. Cara and I went to Aunt Gloria's to fix her pills on Sunday. On our way to breakfast I saw this out of the corner of my eye...

Glo just thought it was a lady, Cara immediately profiled him and said he probably smelled because of  his dreadlocks and, at first glance, I was just hoping it was Adam Duritz lost after his show and he and I and his big giant rain stick could run off into the sunset... We were all wrong. Well, I can't guarantee he didn't smell. 

4. Do you remember the book Simple Abundance?  It just came to me in a dream this morning. That seems like a billion years ago. I woke up and ran in the other room and got it and brought it in bed with me.  That was it - that was the dream. 

5. Lily is super bored. I don't know what to do with her. I gave her a (rawhide) bone in DCL but I've been resisting and I'm out anyway... she's goes crazy with it. I may try a Kong??? She snatched Sabrina's away from her so maybe she'll like it... The rubber kind of freaks me out though. I found her in my bed whimpering at the desk where I keep her bone. How do other single mothers manage their high maintenance "children?"  Look at her poor face. I can't keep up with her! This is her bored / please just make a bone magically appear face.


6. I came across this picture recently. I loved the birds that would come to Dixon House... these are two of my favorites.


7. My blood pressure was too high today... 142/101.  They were concerned. It's been high for awhile - higher than that. The only time it seemed to be ok was with Tighe...I'm wondering if all that acupuncture kept it in check. I really need to see her but with all these medical expenses I don't know if I can. Next stop - heart attack?

8. Check out this website and story and give if you can... love front porch.


9. I'm not a big fan of pizza unless it's what I call "school" pizza like from a craft show (which I know is weird) or Mineos but I've been seeing the pizza at the hospital and had to get it... it was terrible.  I actually threw it away after one bite.  Side note: Do you blot your pizza? I always do.

10. That elephant in the Eat N Park parking lot?!? Turns out it was a tribute to the elephant breeding ranch in Somerset County. Thanks, Roadside America.

No comments: