1. MAN DOWN!!! Lily loves playing with the big pug Sharon and Carey got me. She played with it for about 45 minutes last night. By played I mean barked at and pushed over. She's very confused as to why that thing doesn't chase her around the dining room table. That's all she wants it to do.
2. I didn't know Marvin Hamlisch was the youngest person accepted by The Julliard School at age 7... He also had 3 Oscars, 4 Emmys, 4 Grammys, a Tony, a Pulitzer and 2 Golden Globes. Bravo, Mr. Hamlisch.
3. Cara and I went to Aunt Gloria's to fix her pills on Sunday. On our way to breakfast I saw this out of the corner of my eye...
Glo just thought it was a lady, Cara immediately profiled him and said he probably smelled because of his dreadlocks and, at first glance, I was just hoping it was Adam Duritz lost after his show and he and I and his big giant rain stick could run off into the sunset... We were all wrong. Well, I can't guarantee he didn't smell.
4. Do you remember the book Simple Abundance? It just came to me in a dream this morning. That seems like a billion years ago. I woke up and ran in the other room and got it and brought it in bed with me. That was it - that was the dream.
5. Lily is super bored. I don't know what to do with her. I gave her a (rawhide) bone in DCL but I've been resisting and I'm out anyway... she's goes crazy with it. I may try a Kong??? She snatched Sabrina's away from her so maybe she'll like it... The rubber kind of freaks me out though. I found her in my bed whimpering at the desk where I keep her bone. How do other single mothers manage their high maintenance "children?" Look at her poor face. I can't keep up with her! This is her bored / please just make a bone magically appear face.
6. I came across this picture recently. I loved the birds that would come to Dixon House... these are two of my favorites.
7. My blood pressure was too high today... 142/101. They were concerned. It's been high for awhile - higher than that. The only time it seemed to be ok was with Tighe...I'm wondering if all that acupuncture kept it in check. I really need to see her but with all these medical expenses I don't know if I can. Next stop - heart attack?
8. Check out this website and story and give if you can... love front porch.
9. I'm not a big fan of pizza unless it's what I call "school" pizza like from a craft show (which I know is weird) or Mineos but I've been seeing the pizza at the hospital and had to get it... it was terrible. I actually threw it away after one bite. Side note: Do you blot your pizza? I always do.
10. That elephant in the Eat N Park parking lot?!? Turns out it was a tribute to the elephant breeding ranch in Somerset County. Thanks, Roadside America.