Tuesday, August 21, 2012

230/365

PAY IT FORWARD
We were coming out of Tessaro's tonight and this girl approached us - looked innocent enough... said she had a question... she asked if we knew where Wexford was... said she worked in Oakland - told us where and said she left her wallet there or at home, something like that. She was talking really fast and I was loosing track of what she was saying. Long drawn out story later, she said she needed gas money and could give it back... she told us what street she lived on ... 3rd house from the police station...  I handed her what I had left in my wallet. I either gave $17 to a wackadoodle to go buy drugs or she's on her way home. We'll never know.  I told her not to worry about it and just to do something nice for someone else and she went on her way.

After my treatment today (which is the long one - X-rays, etc...) I met with the doctor - a Hindu woman... I've never seen her before - she was filling in for the regular guys. The nurses briefed her on my "situation" and let her know what's been going on with me - independent of the BC. My blood pressure was 166/99 and they were concerned...  she checked my boob and proceeded to tell me about growing up and going to med school...taking a rickshaw and walking there - she was rich but some of the other girls had drivers and got to school that way... she thought they were so lucky but they didn't appreciate anything... bad things started to happen to them... she went on and on and actually had me a little mesmerized.

She went through a meditation and asked if I knew where the meditation room was at the hospital.  I knew there was one but didn't think it was completed yet... she brought me there. She was speaking really fast and was hard to understand.  This is the closest thing I can find to what she told me... Meditation of Heaven and Earth.

I had to make a decision today on what to do with Aunt Gloria... I decided to take her home. One, because I thought she shouldn't be plucked out of her own house without ever going back and two, because I wasn't comfortable making a decision in 12 hours on where she should be for the rest of her life.  I'm just going to have to make it work somehow until I can check some places out. I still don't know how I'm going to do this but I feel like it's the best thing for all concerned.

"... even chance meetings are the result of karma... things in life are fated by our previous lives. That even in the smallest events there's no such thing as coincidence..." ~ Haruki Murakami, Kafka on the Shore

No comments: