Sunday, August 12, 2012

221/365

HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW?
I have a little box I made...

Every time I see the trailer for The Odd Life of Timothy Green I think about it. It was our version of this...

This isn't the first time Disney touched on infertility and loss - most recently with the opening montage in the movie UP... it's not a new concept, really - it's even in old fairy tales nicely explained here.

People have been very vocal on a lot of IF blogs about this and I've read a lot of unfavorable things about making light of this... burying your dreams and then impossible magic happens because you planted your dream child...

I don't know - I think there's something lovely and symbolic about it...  I'm still not sure I'm going to see it. I don't know yet. It's not because I think it's unrealistic... I'm a fan of impossible magic. Honestly, it's because I never got to bury my box with my husband...just saying.

If you could write wishes and plant them in your garden... what would you want to grow?

No comments: